Thursday, July 23, 2009

Rabbits In A Hole AKA Egg In A Basket


Recipe from Kids in the Kitchen:

1 slice bread

1 egg

2 tbs butter

salt & pepper, to taste


1. Lightly butter both sides of bread.

2. Make a hole in the bread by stamping out a circle using a drinking glass or a round cookie cookie cutter.
3. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet and place the bread in the skillet.

4. Crack egg into the hole of the bread.
5. Fry until egg is firm, then flip. Salt and pepper to taste.


Makes 1 serving


Adult Help: Assist with using the stove.


Jaden Review:
This was easy other than the flipping part. They also did not say what to put temperature of stove at so mom said try about a medium. At first I though the egg should be scrambled so I tried that and was ok, but bread burnt before egg cooked when we had to flip it. Then we tried another one without scrambling egg and that turned out much better, but the yoke in the middle was still soft and I don't like that to well. Over all tasted good. I give a 3 star.

Mom Review:
I really thought the name they gave this was cute and got the kids' attention, though I have always known it as egg in a basket. I agree with Jaden on this being a simple recipe other than I did have to flip for her but I am guessing she could do it next time she tries the recipe. The first way she did it I knew was wrong but sometimes we have to allow mistakes, you never know what new recipe you can get from a mistake. The first one was actually not bad, just tasted like french toast. The second time it was done correctly and I would definitely like her to make it again for us sometime. I personally like my eggs over easy so I give this a 5 star in my book.

Cleanliness:
Easy clean up for this recipe and our Clean O' Meter Willow, age 2, was not a complete mess by the time she got done eating hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment