Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Oven Baked Spare Ribs


Recipe from Cooking for Engineers Website By a Michael Chu:

The recipe is quite simple: mix 18 oz. of barbeque sauce (1 bottle) with 1/2 cup orange juice. Pour into a 9x13 pan. Place ribs in pan and flip using tongs so ribs are coated. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake in a 300°F oven. Total cooking time can be as short as 2 hours or as long as 4 hours. Flip ribs over halfway through cooking.


Cooking the ribs for 2 hours will result in meat almost falling off the bones. If you cook for four hours, the ribs may be hard to lift out of the pan because the meat will be on the verge of falling off the bones under slight pressure. The cartilage will also be soft and practically melt in the mouth.

After the ribs are done cooking, remove the aluminum foil and continue to cook for about 10 min. per side to thicken the sauce.

Jaden Review:
The ribs were tender and tasted ok, but I am not a huge rib fan. I just wanted to cook something for dinner and mom found this recipe. It was easy to make other than mom had to flip them, and As always I do not like touching the raw meat. I think would have been better without the bbq sauce. I like pork just seasoned. I give this a 3 star.

Mom Review:
OK, I thought these turned out great. Very tender and very easy! I went looking for an easy ribs recipe that Jaden could cook most all herself and I was not disappointed with this one. She really liked the idea that she had cooked dinner herself for everyone. Only thing I did not like is it does not give a good idea of how many ribs this recipe is for, we think we had more than what this recipe called for because I had to cut the ribs in half and have Jaden overlap them a little, but still the recipe worked. We did have to drain the liquid near the end before taking the foil off during the last 20 minutes and then I had Jaden add extra sauce and broil them to try to bake the sauce in better. Overall though. This recipe worked great and was so easy. I think I will be using it from now on. I give it 5 stars!

Cleanliness:
Seriously? It is ribs! Have you or anyone else you know ever been able to eat ribs and stay clean? Keep the roll of paper towels close as well as a bowl of water to wash off with!

No comments:

Post a Comment